David recruits exclusively in the Accounting and Audit sector at Accelerate Finance & Legal Recruitment across Malta. David thrives on successfully providing career opportunities for accountancy candidates and helping Companies and Accounting practices to hire Accountants and Finance Managers who will have a significant impact on their businesses.
David takes the time to understand the needs of his finance and accounting candidates and caters to their ambitions to pursue promising career positions such as a CFO, Finance Manager and Financial Director.
+356 2034 1703
Accounting & Audit Recruitment and Jobs in Malta
Accelerate has a range of jobs and career opportunities for Qualified ACCA, CPA, CIMA, and ACA Accountants. We also have a team of specialist recruitment consultants across our accounting and finance recruitment desks who can advise qualified and part-qualified accountants, accounts clerks, and finance assistants with a range of jobs. Whatever your specialities, like tax or audit, or if you are just starting in your accounting career. We are happy to talk with you. Some of our high-demand skills include those with financial management, management accounting, internal audit, and tax knowledge.
Accelerate Recruitment Malta has clients across local and international accounting and corporate services companies. Accelerate prides itself on partnering with organisations to provide the best senior in-house finance opportunities with corporations and firms in banking, insurance, and the iGaming sector.
If you wish to take the next step in your career by exploring some of our Accountancy and Audit jobs please reach out to us. We list many of our accountancy roles below however we maintain close relationships with the major companies in Malta and we can discuss other career opportunities with you. Please get in touch with your CV and one of our specialist accounting recruitment consultants will be back to you.
Key Skills in Demand for Accounting & Audit Jobs in Malta
In Malta, the field of Accounting and Audit is continuously evolving, and there are several key skills in demand for professionals seeking jobs in this industry.
1. Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS): Proficiency in IFRS is essential for accounting and audit roles in Malta. Employers seek candidates who possess a solid understanding of IFRS guidelines and can apply them accurately in financial reporting and auditing processes.
2. Expertise in local accounting regulations: Familiarity with the local accounting regulations and standards specific to Malta is highly valued. This includes knowledge of the Companies Act, the Income Tax Act, and other relevant legislation that governs accounting and auditing practices in the country.
3. Financial analysis and reporting: Employers look for candidates with the ability to analyse financial data, interpret trends, and prepare accurate and comprehensive financial reports. Proficiency in using accounting software and advanced Excel skills are often required for this purpose.
4. Auditing and risk management: Expertise in auditing methodologies, risk assessment, and internal control frameworks is in demand. Employers seek professionals who can conduct thorough audits, identify potential risks, and recommend appropriate control measures to mitigate them.
5. Taxation knowledge: Proficiency in tax regulations and the ability to prepare tax returns is a valuable skill in the Accounting and Audit field. Understanding the local tax system, including direct and indirect taxes, is crucial for providing accurate advice and ensuring compliance.
6. IT skills and familiarity with accounting software: Proficiency in accounting software packages such as SAP, Oracle, or QuickBooks is highly desirable. Employers seek candidates who can efficiently use these tools to perform accounting tasks, generate financial reports, and streamline processes.
7. Analytical and problem-solving abilities: Strong analytical skills are crucial for accounting and audit professionals. Employers seek candidates who can identify discrepancies, resolve complex accounting issues, and propose practical solutions to improve financial performance and compliance.
8. Communication and interpersonal skills: Effective communication and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders are highly valued. Accounting and audit professionals need to communicate financial information clearly, present findings, and build strong relationships with clients and team members.
9. Continuous learning and adaptability: The accounting and audit industry is constantly evolving, driven by regulatory changes and technological advancements. Employers look for professionals who are eager to learn, stay updated on industry developments, and adapt to new accounting standards and technologies.
10. Professional certifications and qualifications: Possessing relevant professional certifications, such as ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant), can significantly enhance job prospects in Malta’s accounting and audit sector. These certifications demonstrate a high level of expertise and commitment to professional development.
By possessing these key skills and staying updated with industry trends, professionals seeking Accounting and Audit jobs in Malta can position themselves competitively in the job market and increase their chances of securing rewarding career opportunities.
Career Path for Accountants & Auditors in Malta
The career path for Accountants and Auditors in Malta typically begins with entry-level positions, such as Junior Accountant or Auditor, where individuals gain foundational experience. As they progress, they can become Accountants or Auditors, taking on more responsibilities and contributing to financial operations. Advancing further, professionals can reach Senior Accountant or Auditor roles, supervising junior staff and providing guidance on complex accounting issues.
With demonstrated leadership skills, individuals can move into managerial positions overseeing the accounting or audit function. Specialising in areas like taxation or risk management can open up niche opportunities. Ultimately, top-level positions like CFO or Partner can be attained by showcasing technical expertise and strategic thinking. Continuous professional development and active involvement in industry networks are key to career advancement in this field.