Payments, Fraud & Risk Recruitment and Jobs in Malta
The Payments and FinTech industry in Malta is a significant and successful sector of the Maltese economy. There are internationally cutting-edge payments and fintech companies in Malta and a good depth of talented payments professionals based in Malta. Accelerate Recruitment produces a regular salary survey for the Maltese payments sector.
The payments jobs and positions we have, include opportunities for those with experience and for people with an interest in further developing as a Fraud Analyst, Risk Analyst, Responsible Gaming Officer, and also for Payments Analysts.
Explore our opportunities below or if nothing suits your experience and background get in touch with us as we have a strong client base of employers in the payments industry. Accelerate Recruitment has clients within iGaming, payment service providers (PSPs), fintech organisations and banks.
Key Skills in Demand for Payments, Fraud & Risk Jobs in Malta
In the field of payments, fraud, and risk management in Malta, several key skills are in high demand for professionals seeking jobs in these areas:
- Payments Systems Knowledge: Strong understanding of payment methods, platforms, and regulations.
- Payment Processing: Proficiency in handling payment transactions, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Payment Compliance: Knowledge of anti-money laundering (AML) regulations, payment security standards, and compliance requirements.
- Financial Analysis: Ability to analyse payment data, identify trends, and optimise payment processes.
- Payment Fraud Prevention: Expertise in detecting and preventing payment fraud, implementing fraud prevention measures, and using fraud detection systems.
- Emerging Payment Technologies: Familiarity with emerging payment technologies such as mobile payments, digital wallets, and contactless payments.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Strong understanding of fraud detection techniques, risk assessment, and fraud prevention strategies.
- Fraud Investigation: Proficiency in investigating fraud incidents, gathering evidence, and conducting thorough fraud examinations.
- Data Analysis: Ability to analyse large volumes of data to identify patterns, anomalies, and potential fraudulent activities.
- Fraud Risk Assessment: Skill in assessing fraud risks, developing risk mitigation strategies, and implementing fraud prevention measures.
- Fraud Reporting: Ability to generate accurate and comprehensive fraud reports, communicate findings to stakeholders, and recommend appropriate actions.
- Knowledge of Fraud Laws and Regulations: Understanding of fraud-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Risk Management: Proficiency in assessing and managing risks associated with financial transactions, compliance, and regulatory obligations.
- Risk Assessment: Ability to identify and evaluate potential risks, conduct risk assessments, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Compliance and Regulatory Knowledge: Strong understanding of relevant regulations such as anti-money laundering (AML) and data protection laws.
- Risk Monitoring: Skill in monitoring and evaluating risk levels, implementing risk control measures, and ensuring compliance with risk management frameworks.
- Risk Reporting: Ability to generate risk reports, communicate risk findings to stakeholders, and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Tools and Technologies: Familiarity with risk management software, analytics tools, and risk assessment frameworks.
By possessing these specific skills, professionals in Payments, Fraud, and Risk roles can effectively manage payment processes, detect and prevent fraud incidents, and mitigate risks associated with financial transactions. Continuous learning, staying updated on industry trends, and adapting to evolving technologies and regulations are key to success in these fields.
Career Path for Payments, Fraud & Risk Jobs in Malta
The career path for professionals in Payments, Fraud, and Risk jobs in Malta typically begins with entry-level positions such as Payment Specialist, Fraud Analyst, or Risk Associate. From there, professionals can advance to roles like Payment Operations Supervisor, Fraud Investigator, or Risk Analyst, gaining experience in specific areas. With further experience and demonstrated expertise, individuals can progress to positions such as Payment Manager, Fraud Prevention Manager, or Risk Consultant, where they oversee payment operations, lead fraud prevention initiatives, or provide risk management guidance.
Senior leadership positions like Head of Payments, Fraud, and Risk or Director of Risk Management may be pursued, involving strategic decision-making and overall responsibility for payment processes, fraud prevention, and risk management. Continuous professional development, staying updated on industry trends, and building a strong understanding of regulatory requirements are crucial for career growth in the Payments, Fraud, and Risk fields in Malta.